The Oregon Gran Fondo
SUNDAY, JUNE 2, 2013
COTTAGE GROVE, ORE.
Join Co-Motion Cycles and Rolf Prima for the 2nd annual The Oregon Gran Fondo on Sunday, June 2, 2013. Start/Finish on Main Street in historic downtown Cottage Grove, just 20 minutes south of Eugene, Oregon.
This OBRA-sanctioned event showcases rural South Willamette Valley communities and ancient Siuslaw National Forest scenery and roads. From downtown the Gran and Medio routes head west to the village of Lorane and from there continue west deep into the Siuslaw and Smith River watersheds. Low-traffic rural and forest roads. Hills, rivers, vistas, more hills, good eats and more.
The Piccolo route follows the Row River National Recreation Trail, a rails-to-trails scenic bike path, through rural south Willamette Valley. It’s a kid-friendly ride for families and folks out for a smooth and gentle ride.
If you like to race, register for the 117-mile Gran route. The Gran and the shorter Medio route include a timed hill climb, but either route can ridden strictly for fun. The Gran and Medio routes begin with a police-escorted, neutral, mass start down Main Street. Come with your clubs or teams, wear your club kit and start together. The Piccolo Route begins with a mass start at the Start/Finish line and leads onto the Row River Trail.
Teams will marshal separately and be called to the start line by team name. The 2012 Oregon Gran Fondo podium teams will be recognized at the front of the peloton.
- Tech T-shirt (only guaranteed if registered by May 14, 2013) *Optional $15 purchase for Piccolo entrants.*
- Free camping on a lot downtown Cottage Grove
- Event-rate packages at local Cottage Grove hotels
- Well-stocked aid stations with food, fluids and Hammer HEED drink
- Sag wagons and mechanical support at aid stations.
- Post-ride meal and refreshments (and beer garden!) in beautiful downtown Cottage Grove
- Chip timing with overall results and age category results
- Raffle ticket towards awesome prizes from our sponsors
- Sights, sounds and aromas of ancient forests and rural Oregon
June 1st, Saturday
Factory tours at Rolf Prima and Co-Motion Cycles in Eugene:
- Co-Motion - 3pm to 5pm
- Rolf Prima - 3pm to 6pm (Plus PACKET PICKUP at Rolf Prima from 3pm – 6pm)
- Oakshire Tasting Room Social from 6pm to 8pm
June 2nd, Sunday
- 5:30 am Packet pickup opens at 7th & Main Streets in downtown Cottage Grove
- 8:00 am Gran/Medio mass start with police escort down Main Street
- 10:30 am Piccolo mass start
- 11:30 am Oregon Gran Fondo Beer Garden opens (free post-ride meal and beverages)
Note: No day-of-event registration will be available.