Tour of Aufderheide
JULY , WESTFIR, OR.
Stay Tuned For details on the 2015 Tour of Aufderheide.
The second event in the Oregon Triple Crown Series presented by Rolf Prima Wheel Systems and Co-Motion Cycles. For more information on the Oregon Triple Crown, go to www.oregontriplecrown.com.
dark:30 sports presents the Tour of the Aufderheide on July 13th, 2014 in Westfir, Oregon. The Aufderheide Scenic Drive winds and climbs its way through the most gorgeous territory in the Cascades. The route follows lush forests alongside the Upper Willamette and McKenzie Rivers, and past spectacular cliffs. This cycling event includes three routes of varying difficulties: The Alpine (100 miles/5,800 ft.), Box Canyon (64 miles/2,664 ft.), and Kiahanie (10-40 miles). After the event, enjoy an included beverage at the Oakshire beer garden along with a meal, and a raffle. The Tour of the Aufderheide is a unique event; so don’t miss it!
The Tour of Aufderheide includes a beer garden (with a free post-ride meal and Oakshire brew), and post-ride raffle that you won’t want to miss at the Westfir Bridge in historic Westfir. $1,000 cash purse courtesy of Slocum Orthopedics.
This event is produced in cooperation with the community of Westfir and highlights the natural beauty of this rural Oregon town and the Aufderheide Scenic Byway (and maybe soon a National Scenic Bikeway).
Note on OBRA: This is an Oregon Bicycle Racing Association-sanctioned event. You must be an OBRA member to participate. One-day OBRA memberships are $2.00 (during the on-line registration process).
Entry Fee Includes:
- T-shirt (only guaranteed if registered by July 2, 2014)
- Well-stocked aid stations with food, water and Hammer HEED drink
- Sag wagons & mechanical support at aid stations
- Post-ride meal and refreshments (and beer garden!)
- OBRA clock timing with overall results and age category results for racers
- Raffle ticket towards awesome prizes from our sponsors
- Sights, sounds and smells of ancient forests along the Aufderheide National Scenic Byway
- Free on-site camping (no fires allowed) See camping graphic : 2014 TOA camping site
Click here for Tour of Aufderheide Racing Rules
If you are competing, OBRA Racing Rules apply. For a copy of the current OBRA Racing Rules, click here.
Every Tour of Aufderheide racer will receive a clock time at the finish line.
We will begin issuing event updates in June. Beginning in July we will publish weekly updates and info-grams to get you ready for the big day.
RACE DAY INFO
July 13, Sunday
- 6:00 am – Packet pickup Office Bridge (Red Bridge) Park in downtown Westfir. Be early, everyone is checking in on race day!
- 8:00 am mass start in downtown Westfir for all courses
- 11:00 am Tour of Aufderheide Beer Garden opens (included post-ride meal and beverages)
dark:30 sports operates under a special use permit with Willamette National Forest, and is an equal opportunity outdoor recreation service provider.
Presented by our local, handmade cycling manufacturers and hydrated by our favorite brew masters!